Does anyone have experience with Red Hawk mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CWRSNY, May 14, 2006.

1. CWRSNY

CWRSNY LawnSite Member

I am running a small lawn service, and I am looking to buy a larger walk behind. Due to the low cost I have been looking at Red Hawk mowers. Does anyone have experience with these mowers or know anything about them?

2. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I know a couple guys who have them they arent the best mowers but for the money they were pretty satisfied with what they got, does a pretty clean cut just gotta watch out some of the parts on them are cheapo

3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want to support China then go ahead and buy one. But you won't even catch me touching one it might break in half.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

ask bg...he will tell ya what he thinks of them.

5. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

I used to have one of the Bradley Pros, the same exact mower as the Red Hawk but different name, and in my opinion it was the biggest waste of money in my mowing career. I didn't want to spend the extra money for an Exmark, but ended up selling the Bradley Pro a year after I bought it and bought the Exmark. If it were me, I would invest in a more reputable brand and spend the extra money.

6. CWRSNY

CWRSNY LawnSite Member

thanks everyone think i'll go with the exmark

7. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

Dont do it! I asked the same question in this forum a few weeks back. I picked up one of these cheaper machines, in 36 inch with the 15 hp kohler. The motor was fine but the machine was very poor in terms of quality. I went to change the cut hight and the nut was cross threaded so it was no good. I only cut two passes with the machine. I called the dealer and after some complaining returned it. They didnt let me cut with it before I paid for it like most dealers. I ended up returning it last tuesday and picking up a scag 36 instead and I will never look back. Do yourself a favor and stay with the major brands they are all decent as long as you have a good dealer. Fortunate for me I have a great dealer network for Bobcat, Scag, Exmark and Toro so it just comes down to availability. My Scag dealer is also my Exmark dealer. Just ask to demo them before you buy

8. VT_K9

VT_K9 LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I am going to buy a 2001 48" 20 HP Kawi model with about 2 years use on it for $750. It starte up on the third pull. It was serviced the beginning of last yer. I have a good ZTR, 21" push mower, and weed whakers. I think this will be a good purchase.

Mike

9. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

We have a Red Hawk 36" mower that we bought as a back up and it works great. It has an amazing cut for the money.

I wouldn't buy one for heavy use but for a back up it's excellent!