Does anyone have GPS?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GroundEffects125, Jul 29, 2007.

1. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

hey everyone today i was a my local audio shop and i was looking to put a new cd player in it. But that was until i saw this new GPS DVD cd xm radio ipod adapter. Its everything that u can possibly have in a truck electronic wise. I was just wondering if anyone has anything like that or may use there gps on the road or were ever. THANKS RYAN

2. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought about getting some handheld GPS last year when I was working out in the middle of nowhere by myself on a mountain preparing hunting land. Would have been handy. I probably wouldn't get it in my truck as I usually know where I am going before I leave. If I don't, I ask directions.

3. GroundEffects125

Thats true i just do alot of driving when i am not working and i thought it would be good for the city as well..

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Garmin StreetPilot C330 in my truck.

No grabbing maps, no writing down and possibly screwing up directions.

I get the customer's address, punch it in, and it directs me right to the front door of the residence. I love it.

5. GroundEffects125

ok thats the answers im looking for lol.. its going to be a little bit of money but i think it will be worth it i was just looking for opinions.. Also a quick question... would u consider puting it down as an expence on ur company? or buy it personally? THANKS RYAN

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, it can be counted as a business expense.

7. GroundEffects125

alright thanks alot for the help

8. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i have a lowrance iway500, one of the best things ive ever bought for business. Its nice for finding an address, or finding the closest shell station, or things like that.

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Garmin streetpilot here, fantastic machine. Had to replace the in dash radio/cd-player to get the garmin and ipod interface to work but its great to not worry about directions just follow the map.

10. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I recently bought a tom tom and absolutly love it I don't know how I made it without it I love it.