Does anyone have the Rugby/Dejana Stakeless Landscaper Body?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by conshaun, Jul 19, 2014.

1. conshaun

conshaun LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I'm Considering buying a rugby/dejana stateless landscaper body on my new f450 dump. We do mainly small tree work and have never used rear barn doors. I am wondering if the sides are structurally solid enough to hold a full load of brush or logs without bowing outwards. I am assuming it will be fine, but I want to make sure it will work for many years.

I appreciate the help.

Here is a link to the body I am speaking about:

http://www.rugbymfg.com/landscape-bodies/landscape-body.html

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

It's the best body on the market by far. You will have zero problems with a full load of topsoil in it ( if the truck could hold that) so a full load of chips and brush is no worries.
    Just wait till you see the price on it though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. conshaun

conshaun LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I forgot a key part to the post. I will not be using the barn doors.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it will be just fine if you remove those. They are not needed to hold the sides together.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

My uncle has two and they seem to be doing better than his standard stake body truck. You will just have the little tailgate on the back?

6. DavidsonLandscaping

DavidsonLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Love these bodies, have yet to own one. Starting to become popular around my way
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

We have two, an 8' on a f450 and a 12' on a 550. The have been absolutely great. The 550 has the sides extended up an additional 18". The trucks routinely get overloaded with large stones and logs