does anyone have, use or have pics of the original zsprays

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassman177, Jan 30, 2009.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

with all this talk now on the zsprays, i was thinking years ago seeing the adds for these units. they originally used the body parts form wright standers. they werw not all stainless like the ones of today. anyone still have one or did use one. what features did they have or not have compared to the production models today. i would really love to see some pics if it was possible.

2. ZSpray Info

ZSpray Info Inactive

Here you go. Sorry about the quality, but we have been making Z-Sprays before Al Gore invented digital photography, or was that the internet?

The Z-Cart was 70 gallons with a 12' boom, 200 lb hopper from the mid-90's.
    In 2000 Tom started by using a Wright Stander rear chassis and 2 15 gallon tanks. Also shown is the all fert unit.

We have come a long way in 15 years of building spray equipment.

oldmachines 002.jpg

oldmachines 003.jpg

oldmachines 004.jpg

3. grassman177

damn, that s cool. wowo, much better today huh, very absolutly innovative and that is why you guys have had so much success. that zcart is crazy, but slick. i am not sure why it had 2 seats, one guy for fert and one for spray?

hwo much did those run and did you guys sell many, obviously you dont still make them

4. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

ran one just like in the picture round tanks and all. switched over to new tanks and repainted a few years ago still used now and then.

5. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have one also, it's a 2002 model. Has 1300 hours on it and I love it. I just took it apart and rewired it and removed the front frame for snadblasting/powdercoating. I also have a Jr. model from that year w/ the round tank. I'll post some pics when I get it back together.

6. a plus bob

from Indiana

origanal hydro pumps and wheel motors?

7. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

As far as I can tell. I bought it in '06. I've only replaced a hydro line, no motors or pumps. Engine is also origional. I done a few mods to the controls and spray nozzles. Overall, I like the machine better than the '03 and 04's that I own. My employess don't agree, but that's why we all have our own. :)

8. a plus bob

from Indiana

The ride is totally differant it is weired to switch back and forth.even the none stainless machine will last if you keep them clean.looking foreward to pics.

9. grassman177

yeah most def, pics would be great.

10. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Well, I have 2 of the original (wright) units. One all spray one all fert. I also have 2 of the stainless units, one spray, one fert. I also still own a Z-cart. Use them all extensively. I love the Z-cart, still one the more handy pieces I own. I am a died in the wool Z-man. Keep up the good work all you guys at L.T. Rich!!

Look at my avitar....that is the original...maybe the one in the pic above???