Does anyone here use ACT!?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by dsmrolla06, Nov 16, 2005.

1. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

I alredy have a couple contact programs. I currently have act and goldmine. I was interested in using act, however i have no idea what it is capable of or how to use it. If someone could help me out it would be great. I have a user guide sitting next to me that im going to start to look at, but i thought you guys may be more helpful in customizing it to our industry. thanks

2. rbriggs

rbriggs LawnSite Member

I have ACT, however, it is (my opinion) a pain in the A*s to use. I am told that you should take a course and that it is an awesome program once you learn to use it. Just haven't had time for a class.

3. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

i have an "official" user guide that ive been using. Its been helping me out alot so far. All i have done is started to customize the contact information. Im going to add tabs for billing information and such also. You can also use it for scheduling, but i havnt figured out i will yet. Other than that im fairley happy wiht it.

4. joe4

joe4 LawnSite Member

5. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

We use ACT!. It is an awesome product. We create email newsletters, track customers, general customer service, create bids with it etc. My friends in the mortgage industry got me on it. I have been trying to tell everyone it is a great tool especially for the price. People seem to be hooked on this qxpress thing. I highly recommend it. It is like any other softare. You need to learn how to use it. There is so much you can do that I can not offer any one single blanket answer on how to use it. If you have a specific question fire away and I will see if I can help. You can also email me, I would be glad to see if I can help: justin@urbanlandscapingnw.com