1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know about getting licensed in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LLawns5, Feb 2, 2006.

1. LLawns5

LLawns5 LawnSite Member

Could someone help me find out about all required license for Memphis, Tennessee? I know I need the city and shelby county license but are there others required to operate the business to be able to plant/install, sod, etc...? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

www.tennesseeanytime.gov provides a bunch of links. If you dig through them, you will be able to find a bunch of info. Tn dept. of ag. and Sec. of State. Both of these areas should be able to help you. Also if you are going to be using any ferts, you will need you ornamental lic.
  3. adavenp4

adavenp4 LawnSite Member

I live in Bristol,TN and you will need a county and a city business license. For the city go to your city courthouse, for the county go to the county courthouse. Whenn getting a business license for the city you will have to go through a lot more than with the county. I had to talk to my neighbors to make sure it was OK if I worked out of my house, the city comes to inspect the house, and whatnot. Once I got all of this it out of the way, it was all upp hill. Good Luck.