does anyone know how to?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Aug 29, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a bobcat and the deck seems low. it is a 225 zero turn rider. how can you adjust the deck so it sits higher??? what i mean is like if i put it to cut at 3 inches it is really cutting at 2. so i need to lift the whole deck like 1 inch up. and the only adjustment i know of is to adjust the pitch by moving the nuts on the side rod for the front but you cannot (that i see or know of) lift the whole thing. help.....
  2. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I have the same problem with my Walkers. I just raise the deck to the 4" position to get a 3" cut. Simple.
  3. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

find the manual online
  4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

What is the actual model number?

Do you have the original blades on it?
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'm not really familiar with Bob cat machines but the brackets on the deck that the chains attach to should be slotted so you can adjust and level the deck. You will probibly need a owners manual because it would be impossible to lift the whole deck up an inch and keep it level. You would need the owners manual because it will tell you the simplest way to level and adjust the pitch of the deck while making the cut height match the indicator like you want.

Oh BTW, how is your Yazoo machine doing?
  6. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

this bobcat is older so it dont have them slots.. one guy told me to just take the chains off that hold the deck and lift them up one link. i have the owners manual but they do not tell you how to lift the whold deck up. it tells you how to adjust the pitch witch can lower and raise the front of the deck but nothing on lifting the whole deck..