Does anyone know what this mower is?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, May 25, 2004.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Today, at a store, I saw this mower parked on a trailer. This thing had one axle, with dual wheels (probably about 36" tall) on each side. It was orange, and resembled a giant old Gravely walk behind tractor, but it had a suspension seat attached to it, that just sort of hung off the back. It had a large deck that was hydraulically driven, and was titled with some sort of name thart gave the connotation that it was designed for hills. It looked like a monster of a mower, and had a larger motor on it, that was perhaps around a 50 hp, or so. Any ideas?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

almost sounds like a golf greens mower

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No, this had real aggressive tires on it, like tractor tires, (like I said - dual wheels on eachside) and a hydraulically driven deck.

4. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Could it be a Yazoo?
    Or some other POS mower.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Runner, these are the mowers they use to do the roadsides around Detroit. I can't think of the name right now but they do I94 and I69 with them all the times. The one company has a bunch of tractor trailers and about 5 or 6 of these machines fit on each one. I'm sure you've seen the ruts created by them on steep sidehills.

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I remember seeing something like that on ebay last year. I can't remember the name of it. But it was yellow.

7. cantoo

8. cantoo

http://www.kutkwick.com/
    Damn, I thought I was going to be up all night.
    And for all the guys that said they can cut better than 40 degree slopes on their mowers, Yeah right.

9. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

For some reason I can't see the picture. I was almost positive from the description that it was the Kut Kwick though. The machine is always at the EXPO in Louisville every year. Looks like a tough machine.

mowingmachine

10. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

Whoops!! I guess there never was a picture to view.

mowingmachine