Does anyone know?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by harddog00, Feb 22, 2008.

1. harddog00

harddog00 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if the hotels/motels and hospitals typically have there lawn covered by maintenace? Thanks

2. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Most hospitals have their own crews that maintain the grounds. Most hotels that I know of are managed by Property management companies that look after everything. The best advise is to call the manager of the property and inquire when and if the contracts are up for re-negotiation.
    Good luck.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

The hospitals that I know. they all have their own crews
    The motels and hotels have private companies doing the maintenance.:waving:

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Hospitals and Hotels around here all hire landscaping company's to do the work. I take care of several hotels in the area and a friend of mine takes care of the hospital. I depends on the area you service, large hospitals in bigger communities are more likely to have their own maintenance crews and the same for hotels. Most smaller communities choose to hire it done to keep down costs. Its cheaper to hire it done than to pay for all the equipment required to maintain the facility and most have 1-2 maintenance guys that are to busy to do much else.