Does anyone like a 52 wb toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Collin, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Collin

Collin LawnSite Member

I just bought a 52 toro and was wondering if anyone likes it or dislikes it?

2. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

NO Don't personally like any toro wb. I sold them due to a certain break down multiple times on only 1 mower. Still with in the warranty time but no support or coverage. I stopped buying anything from that dealer, sold the toros and bought gr. danes. Now after a season w/ the danes. Our times are faster, and they distribute the grass better less blowing for us Cut is excellent.

3. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 3 year old Toro Proline 52 belt drive WB. I have had only

4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

I got one last year. I like it ...leaves a good cut.

5. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

I have Proslides on both of my walk behinds and you wouldn't believe the strips that they leave behind. I know some people say not to put them on belt drives, but I used them almost all season last year and had no problems whatsoever.

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

36 proline.i love it.

7. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I had a belt drive 52 ten years ago and it was great! Got several thousand hours on it. The belt drive is almost a MUST in the mountains here because you can go side to side and let the mower just float back on you as you make turns on a steep hill.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have one, T-Bar gear drive and I really like it, no regrets buying it

wayne

9. the ace

the ace LawnSite Member
    from usa

I have a proline 52 hydro and have had no problems, I am currently about to sell it but have no idea what it's worth. It has the grass cage (never used) riding attachment and has 688 hours on it. Anyone interested make me an offer.

10. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive got a good amount of experience with Toro walkbehinds from a company I worked at for a few years. There built very well, however the older 52" WB's ive ran scalped real easy. Not a good mower for someone who didnt have alot of time mowing.