Does anyone make a 32" walkbehind that you can turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dunn's, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know of a 32" mower that turns itself, Hydro or belt doesn't matter?

2. Total Lawncare Solutions

Total Lawncare Solutions LawnSite Member

Wright makes the only Dual Hydro Zero Turn 32".

A belt 32" or single hydro 32" is a total waste of $$$$.....too cumbersome in tight areas. Just use a 21".

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Toro with the T-bar belt drive does well in turns.

4. Total Lawncare Solutions

32" T-Bar belts are a waste of $$$$..We had 3 units and the guys would rather use the 21" Prolines everytime.

Just use a Proline 21" or get a Dual Hydro 32" for small areas.

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Whatever....

6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

We do not use 21's at all waste of money way more than any 32"

We already have 2 single hydro 32"s But are starting 2 more crew next year and where thinking of getting a 32 that can turn.

So how much do the Toro 32" belts with the T-bar run.

Plus our guys don't run our business we do and if they complain about using a belt drive. Then they can use the 3.5 hp Mtd without self propel.

a 21" is a huge waste of money and time when cutting 10,000k properties. the 32" single hydro's we us now almost cut the time in half.

I just thought their might be a little less fatigue on our smaller employee's if the machine turned itself.

7. Total Lawncare Solutions

If you are cutting 10k lots you should be using bigger than 32" anyway.

Are you saying there is 10k of turf behind 33" gates?

That is NUTS and I don't believe it.

8. grassgirl4

grassgirl4 LawnSite Member

Believe it!! My sister and brother-in-law have a half acre, small front yard...large back yard. The back yard is fenced in, and I would be hard-pressed to get much more than my 36" through the gate. My dad can't understand why people wouldn't want bigger gates installed so when they want to move in something big, they can do it easily!! Oh well, such is life!!

9. screensnot

screensnot LawnSite Member
    from MI

Give them a price based on your 60" mower fitting in the back, then they can price a new gate, and decide for themselves how they want to spend their money.

10. screensnot

screensnot LawnSite Member
    from MI

This guy must know what he is talking about; LawnSite is automatically making his font bigger, so that I don't miss it.