1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone make a front mount fertilizer spreader?

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by stinky rodent, Mar 26, 2004.

1. stinky rodent

stinky rodent LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

I dislike using my towbehind - seems like that a front mount unit on a zero turn would be mighty nice.. any websites with these?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

3. Grass King

Grass King LawnSite Member

How much does the JRCO front mount unit cost?
  4. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

hey , i just bought my first 2 exmarks , a lazer hp 20horse koh.,and a metro, i saw a dixi chopper with a good looking front spreader motorized, looked pretty tough, don't remember the name off hand,but if went went to dixichopper net site or a dealer i'm pretty sure they'ed be showing it off. the sales guys at the mower depot of daytona bch, said the spreader would fit my exmark,so it probably pretty universal.,
    keep on mowing
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

The JRCO unit IMHO is wayyyyyyyyy overpriced. I believe it's in the neighborhood of $800. I bought a Lesco Truckster for less than $300 and made a receiver hitch for it on the front of my Sentar.

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We use the JRCO. Cannot remember exactly what it cost but it was not $800. Part of what you will pay is for the mounting bracket which will allow you to attach other JRCO implements. We currently have the spreader and the blower buggy.
  7. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Avery is correct, the retail price is not $800.........it's $889.95. You could buy almost 3 of the Lesco spreaders for that.
  8. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I also purchased a Lesco truckster spreader and mounted it to my 48" Wright Stander , it works great.
  9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure where you guys are getting those prices. Mine was less than 800 and that was with the mount.
  10. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

Mine was $918 from my local lesco dealer, you might find it cheaper, but that is what i paid. that was complete.
    I really like this unit.