1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone make fall flyers??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rppaving, Sep 3, 2013.

1. rppaving

rppaving LawnSite Member

Whats up everyone, my question is does anyone make fall flyers/door hangers and pass them out?

If so, and they are of success to you, what should i put on them?

Yes I know fall cleanup is one...but how about other services such as shrub wrapping and other specialty jobs....

Thank you!!

2. NuLifeLawnCare

NuLifeLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have put flyers out before and the effort that went in was not worth the payout. I got more calls to do fall work off the logo on my trailer. Meeting people while walking the streets is never a bad thing to get your name out there. Flyers for me worked better for customers that wanted a full season of service. Dropped them in the spring and started up selling them right away.

3. rppaving

rppaving LawnSite Member

Anyone else??

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

You need more work advertise.

You have more work then you can handle don't advertise this fall.

Though customers always lose jobs, move, pass away, causing the need to replace them. So some amount of advertising will be needed.

5. jeannewyatt

jeannewyatt LawnSite Member

Advertise for each season until you have enough work that you can't handle any more. Then hire people to help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LITMLC

LITMLC LawnSite Member

7. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I saw this thread and it caught my eye because I was debating doing a Fall Cleanup Special flyer.... I just truly love doing cleanups and since I own a dump truck, a Walker 26 EFI, and the best Shindaiwa backpack blower that money can buy, I am rip roaring and ready to go. I work solo for now so I am going to be targeting residences that I know I can get in and out of without being there all day. This is my first year out of the box(long time in the industry but first time owner) so I am actually very eager to see how the flyers work out for me.... Hope my answer helped a little bit because the folks that have replied thus far did not address your question at all. Which, by the way, I feel is just so darn ignorant....

8. rppaving

rppaving LawnSite Member

haha i feel that way too man...all i wanna know is what services people are putting on them..

9. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I've been debating this too. Problem is a lot of the areas I service have town curb pickup so most people have no problem pushing them to the curb themselves. Other services, like you mentioned, could be a good choice!

But I need to make a decision on this soon.

10. mclawns365

mclawns365 LawnSite Member

I dont do flyers, but I do advertise in a local paper. I start with leaf cleanups of course, but i also throw out full fall clean ups and weed removal, as well as mulch. Remind people their plants need extra mulch to survive that winter frost and the phones start ringing off the hook around here. Just a thought. Also I dont know how your equipped for it, but I do gutter cleaning. Just use that blower to shoot it all into the yard, and pick it up with a vac, or mower. Easy money while that grass isnt growing!