does anyone make one of these

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ron Greenwood Jr, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Ron Greenwood Jr

Ron Greenwood Jr LawnSite Member
    from IL

I was wondering if anyone makes a striping kit that you can adjust up when you dont want to use it. I have never used a striping kit before but the reason I ask this is we have some pretty nice accounts that it would look great on but we also have some lower end properties, dead grass, holes, ones that you can sit in the front yard and go in circles if you choose to lol.

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

What difference does it make if it is a "premo" property or a trash yard? Stripping kit doesn't care - might even help the ugly yard out

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What Redbull Said!

4. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

I agree i would strip everything. Even the low end accounts because some people may think "wow look at his job on that yard just think what it looks like on a nice yard with no dead spots". If you know what i mean. Also if you mow at about 3- 3 1/2" it will help alot with the stripping look.

5. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

i hate to sound stupid but........:confused:
    ive been in the bussiness for about 20 years and have never heard of a striping kit nor do i know anyone around here who has one.
    i guess it has something to do with making nice straight lines, anyone care to explain, or better yet have a picture of one?:confused:

6. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

You've never heard of a stripping kit?? Most companys offer them some are rollers, some are heavy rubber. One of our sponsers is TURFFLEX - Stripping kits

7. QuadRacer041

what exactly does it do?

8. QuadRacer041

just snapped this one, its my front yard with no striping kit, i think it looks good.
    not saying a striping kit is a waste of money just trying to learn a little here.
    anyone have a pic of a lawn were one has been used?

dsc01791.jpg

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

It's all in the grass type, some grasses like Quadracer's lawn don't really need a kit, but others don't really "stripe", they just get tire marks lined up next to each other, then is when you need a striping kit to lay down the grass between the tires to make a full stripe not just tire marks. Quadracer's lawn wouldn't look much better than that with a kit.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

My Front This Past Spring, Exmark Roller.
    John

759500res.jpg