Does anyone offer payment by credit card?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Collin, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Collin

Collin LawnSite Member

I am wondering of anyone does this and if so have the results been good? More customers from it?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

YES, alot of us.

Nope, very few if any use it and I would say that 95% or more of the LCO's on here that offer it would agree with that. The only ones that have a leaning toward using it in my experience is multi-thousand dollar jobs.
  3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Have to agree 100% and add that those multi thousand dollar jobs make it worth accepting CC
  4. Collin

Collin LawnSite Member

Anyone else?
  5. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Friend of mine has it. Says its not worth it. I was looking into one at the time.
  6. BCF

BCF LawnSite Member

I just have a business paypal account that I can send invoices and customers can use theie cards. Have only used it 5-6 times last year, but I had one estimate I lost because I did not accept cards back then. THe paypal is paid with a small percentage each transaction, not monlthy. It's small enough that I add it to the bill and it doesn't get questioned.
  7. rbriggs

rbriggs LawnSite Member

We offer CC payments to our clients and many, many of them use this option. Although, i am in a different field, I was actually surprised at how many clients preferred to pay by CC. We use QuickBooks to run the CC's.
  8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We don't offer it and have never been asked to. Just more work for everyone.IMO
  9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Most people would not use it for a 1 month maintenance bill but give the ones that want to add 10-20k in installations the option and they take advantage of perks THEY receive from using CC. Plus there more likely to buy extras. The extra percentage that the card company charges the co, is added into the price and spread out among many customers.
  10. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

I actually just cancelled my quickbooks merchant account today after a 1 year trial with CC's. I thought alot more people would be interested than actually were. The increased revenue didn't justify the monthly fees for me.