Does anyone offer Pool Service?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnsofWilmingtonLLC, May 3, 2004.

1. LawnsofWilmingtonLLC

LawnsofWilmingtonLLC LawnSite Member

Looking to expand my business with things I like to do. Are there any good links for a Pool Service?

Thanks, Mark

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi LawnsofWilmingtonLLC,

Here is a post that may be helpful.

3. Abita Bill

Abita Bill LawnSite Member

I do! Well, sort of. I'm in partnership with a pool co. I do thier landscaping on new installs and I pass on pool cleaning accounts to them as I come across them. When they arrive to clean the pool, the customer thinks they work for me under my company name. Vise vera on the new pool landscaping. But, the pool customers are told to contact my company for future landscaping needs, including lawn care. It works out great! If you are going to do the pool cleaning yourself, you can. First purchase an instructional book on pool cleaning (how to book). You can find them at book stores (the good ones) and the infomus home centers like Home Depot and Lowes. Pool cleaning is not rocket science, but it is a little involved. Back cleaning the pumps, chemical amounts, setting of filters and so on. Also, check with you local government. You may need a license to handle chemicals. Here in Lousiana, if you use the chemicals purchased and stored by the customer, its OK.

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I eventually want to do stuff like that!!!