1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone on here use a Bob-Cat ZTR???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SMB, Jan 19, 2001.

1. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen lots of disscussions on eXmark, Toro, Dixie Chopper, Scag, etc. but hardly any posts or anything on Bob-Cat ZTRs. In my opinion, our Textron Bob-Cat ZT219 ain't half bad! We've only had this machine since August and 76 hours, so what do we look out for failing on this machine?
    Generally, my threads only get about 2 replys, so I'd be delighted to get 5!
  2. brandy

brandy LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

Great machine 1650 hours two flat tires and one belt replaced. Bet you guys with the dixie choppers and exmarts can't compare to that!!!!!
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I bet we can--and in that same 1650 hrs we have cut twice the amount of grass!

4. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

I always thought 1650 hrs on a machine was 1650 hours I kinda dout you could cut twice the amount of grass in the same time,esp,if your machine had a 25 hp command.lets get real now
  5. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

2 of them for sale on ebay right now !!!
  6. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

We have outdone ourselves since I am the sixth post to this thread.:)

I have never owner a Bobcat, but have heard nothing but good about them. I too wonder how one mower with 60" cut traveling at X miles an hour cuts twice as much as another brand 60" at that same speed?

I see most manufacturers have blade tip speeds above 18,000 fpm and DC is 19,000. Does a 3-4% increase in blade tip speed make a world of difference in finished cut and cutting speed? I felt the Exmark and Toro did as nice a job as the DC and were equally productive. Maybe I missed something when I demoed the DC the first time???

[Edited by Greenman2ooo on 01-19-2001 at 08:40 PM]
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Could have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try it again.
  8. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering about Bobcats too. Not the factthat they are great machines but what others here use them. Round here theres at least 1 bobcat on everyones trailer
  9. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

YAHOO! 7 replies! :D I think that the blade speed is about 16500 FPM on our ZT219. This thing's heavy, too! I have it jacked up (to change a tire) with a scissor jack from a Tieyotee (Toyota) Camry and I had an awful time turning the crank on the jack! (Of course that's jacking up the whole side of the Bobcat.) In the manual it says it weighs 1025 with the 25 Kohler and 61" deck, so mine prob. weighs about 950.
  10. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i have a zt219 with about 800 hours on it, excellent machine..