1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone own a Maruyama BL8100?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a Maruyama BL8100? Would it be comparable to a shindaiwa 8510? 630?
  2. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Comparable to the Shin 8510, and the Redmax 8000 form what I am told, great power to weight ratio. Lighter that both the shin and Redmax.
  3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We inherited a set from a company that we had bought out a few years back(oddly enuff the brother of my former boss)

at any rate they had a nice cut but were the most unreliable pos i have ever used. Yes they were light but sucked, threw them in the street one day, my old neighbor sees them asks if can have 'em i say sure good luck, i might be mistaken but i think he still has em, cant be sure as we take care of his yard, always have~
  4. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

How does a back pack blower have a nice cut? I think you might have responded to a different post. If you're talking about the hedge clippers, my HT2300DR is the best hedge clipper I have ever used.
  5. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Two things,

I'm not really in the market for a blower with a good "cut" :confused:
    And if you got em' from some guy whom you bought out, they probobly had been used ALOT. (ragged out) But I do want something that can take abuse and keep on truckin'.
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have 3 sets of mauryama hedge trimmers and a line trimmer and its all very good stuff just cant understand why there are no dealers in my area. i had a chance to buy a very nice mauryama back pack blower for100$ but passed cause of no dealers in my city
  7. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

They don't really have any in this area either and all I've ever heard of were good things about them.
  8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

strange that they should ignore florida where lawn care is a very big industry
  9. mrgreeninc

mrgreeninc LawnSite Member

I have not had one of there blowers but had a hedge trimmer and a line trimmer. Had so many problems with them the dealer took them back then quit selling them. They were light and did a good job when I could get them to run.
  10. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't spend another 5 cent on any of their equipment. I hate my hedge trimmers, I even fired the dealer that sold me the pos. Would never buy any of their crap. Pick up a pair of stihl or Shin. hedge trimmer and compare, there in a different class. POS