Does anyone own any Ferris equipment?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 4curbappeal, Jan 8, 2006.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Would anyone like to offer their opinion on Ferris Commercial Mowers!

I am looking at buying a IS 1500Z 48"

Thanks

2. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

would like to know what everyone thinks on this also...looking at this the lazer z hp 48 and the gravely ztr 48...

3. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 1500. Mine is the 21hp Kaw 48". I was not happy with it at first ,but I guess we'll keep it. It has plenty of power and is fast ,but does not stripe very well. Changing the oil is no fun. I do like the independent suspension ,it smooths out a lot of bumps. I had a Simplicity consumer Z before this one that actually cuts a lot nicer but is not a true "commercial" unit. For the money the Ferris 1500 is a good mower ,not sure if I would buy another one though.

4. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Smitty58,

Thank you for the feedback on the Ferris 1500Z! Just curious if you have the striping kit? Thanks again!! Let me know if you have any more input on this mower!!

Tim

5. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have the IS 4500 and really like it. The suspension is what sold me. I had a lot of large open areas that were very bumpy and the IS worked great. The cut is very good as well. mine is the 28 hp cat. The speed is good, but I was used to using an extreme dixie that went 15 mph, so the 12 mph that the ferris does not seem as impressive to me. Overall I really like the machine and I demoe a lot of different ones, again the IS is what sold me though.

Good luck!