Does anyone really sell their stuff via this site?

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Rons Rightway Lawncare, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious..... I have listed several things here, all at fair price and not much if any responce from my ads.

I also have looked at other threads for various items, trucks and mowers and so on, and same thing... either no responces or just lowball offers for thousands less than the asking price or even stated "lowest price", even when these listed prices are already a fantastic deal.

Just wondering if my observations are off base or if the only things that ultimately sell on here are items that end up selling for 1/2 to 1/3rd of their true market value.
  2. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used bp here last spring.

As for lowball offers. many times I see "must sell" in the post. If you put that there you are asking for low offers. Many other low offers are people who wouldn't mind having the piece of equipment, but don't necessarily need it. They would buy it for a great price.
  3. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

i listed two trailers here last year at a cheap price and they still said lower, better off on craigs list or ebay. Hey we are landscappers we can not afford anything with this years market
  4. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

i bought a trailer from an ad here. but my mower that is listed here never sold
  5. christmas79

christmas79 LawnSite Member

I sold a lot of stuff it's a great site!!!
  6. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I've gotten interest, but it's really just tire kickers on the other side of the country.
  7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have sold a few things and bought a few things. My experience has been positive - everyone I dealt with were very fair - buying and selling.
  8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i sold two blowers, a enclosed trailer, and a clssen power rake all within a week for exactly what i wanted to get for them. still have my scags for sale though.
  9. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

We have purchased a lot of stuff in this web site - Zero Turns and Walk Behind Mowers, Trimmers, Blowers, Trailers, Dump Truck, etc.

Most people I have dealt with were very fair and honest with me.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of dreamers and tire kickers. :hammerhead:

I find that unless you post several pictures and a lot of detail, I am generally less interested. If anyone wants to really sell their equipment, they have to be prepared to do a little work.

Posting a phone number helps alot!!!

Sometimes its like pulling teeth. I generally like to speak to a warm body, as this helps me in my decision making process. You can often get a good read on people when speaking to them over the phone.

If people are not prepared to give their phone number out, they can expect little or no interest from me.

There is always someone who needs something, provided it is in decent shape.

Some people try to sell down right junk (or wornout) equipment. I am personally not very interested in this type of stuff (maybe some folks are).

I find this site to be very helpful and I can usually find what I am looking for.

I have purchased some stuff on this site, I really didn't need, but I thought was a great deal.

So far my experiences have been very good. Hope this helps you!

Happy Easter everyone! :canadaflag:
  10. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i have bought stuff from here without an issue

BUT heres a side that i have seen on here, i messaged 2 sellers about their equipment for sale, with absolutely no response! i didn't even offer a lower price, and those items were listed several times on here until i finally saw them and tried to purchse them. so some guys may be dreaming with their low offers, but some sellers are dreaming with their high prices, not to mention their ridiculous shipping prices, and lack of manners!! it goes both ways...