Does anyone remember me :)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Jun 7, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello all. Yes Ive been away for ooooo about alittle over a year. I took a career change and went full time(management) with my reg job I HAD!.Well today I got canned because of a inventory issue. Im thinkin of getting back into the lawn business. But I have 3 problems.

1) My mower wont keep the battery charged? old kees ztmax 52. 22hp kohler.
    2) I have absolutley 0 clients.
    3) I dont have any $ for backup. Now my wife(got married last April wooohoo) is working but doesnt make enough to cover the bills.

My main concern is what the problem is with my mower.. Any help please.

Chad

2. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Leave the mower in the shed with the dead battery.keep looking for a job as a manager! The lawn industry isn't takin applications!

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

The charging wire might be frayed or disconnected, blown fuse, or the charging system could be bad.......You gotta look at it.

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I agree.:dizzy:

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

charging wire could by off or rubbing or alternator is shot. Any squirrells living in the shed or on the mower? They chew lines.

6. Sky King

Sky King LawnSite Member

You May have a bad battery

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

have you tried a new battery? Where I used to work we'd have to replace 2/3's of the batteries every year after winter because they'd go bad.

If the misses can't cover the bills, why not get a part time job or even a full time job and get back into business part time and then move into full time in a transition? Go for it!

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The reason I'm with these guys is because you have to ask yourself why you got out of this business in the first place.
    Reason we say this should be obvious, but if it isn't, if the wife can't support at least the bare basics then your first year will likely put both of you under. I barely made it, and I had 5 thousand dollars cash to start out with, all my stuff was paid for, no loans.
    Career change isn't good enough, that's just the standard canned book answer, your real reason is what you need to find and you need to be honest with yourself. No, don't tell me, this is a question you must answer yourself.

9. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I would say the battery is shot, take it & have it tested. I would also recommend finding another job & work on building your business in the nights & weekends.

10. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

what is the point of being so negative towards somebody trying to better himself?