does anyone run a sulky behind a 32 belt drive

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All Pro Lawn Care, May 19, 2008.

1. All Pro Lawn Care

All Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I'm 225 lbs and would it work? It would be behind a scag or exmark

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i ran one behind a 36" in toro (same as the exmark) and one of my guys that ran it weighed 225-ish. never had a problem on flat cutting. took the sulky off on a hill though.

3. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

My Toro 32" tends to bounce like a mofo on anything but the smoothest lawns with the Jungle Wheels on, but sometimes it's worth it to have the chariot. There's nothing worse than a tiny gate guarding an enormous lawn.

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

try adding some of the weights to the front. i know exmark sells a kit, toro should too.

5. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

I just retired it to my yard. It's in my shed beside the Fly-Mow which became obsolete last year when they put in a sidewalk along 3/4 of a mile of frontage.

6. AWR

AWR LawnSite Member

the 32 front is a lttle lite and being 225 dont try going up the littlest hill, try some kind of weights like mentioned above

7. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

I use one behind my 32 some times but when I come to a slope I either take it off or get off and walk along side it.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have one on my 32" metro. It does just fine on flat ground, but any kind of a hill your have to jump off.