Does anyone run Big Dog Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Big Dog Diablo, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is very well said, and when I have tried to get this across to people many come back with, "well, it's the same engine and has plenty of power for my mower, what difference does it really make." That's beside the point, if you are a dealer, be upfront and honest with your customers.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

My bad, that is supposed to be 31, not 21. I accidentally hit the wrong key.

puppy-

all we can do is keep trying to make sure we post the correct information in the hopes that the word will spread and more will know the truth/facts when they go to buy. They don't have to take our word for it either. It is all right there on Kawasaki's site for all to see the explanation and true ratings. To a lesser degree, it is now on Kohler's site too, though you have to really look hard for it since they've chosen to put it at the very end of the specs in smaller print knowing most people will never check into it any further than the specs at the top of the spec page. I expect that once the rating labels they have from the old system are used up, all manu's will start using the true ratings. Then the confusion and questioning by customers will really begin.

3. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

I will get some pics posted of the deck in a few days. I am also curious about what they do for 2014.

4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Notice something curious on one of these vids. I took a screen shot....

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 10.05.48 AM.jpg

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I caught that too Mick, but didn't know how to take that pic. Thanks

6. Mickhippy

No problem Ridin!
    I trialled a bolt on baffle similar to that, by the looks. I wish I'd taken a pic of it. It didnt work for me and loaded up the deck which caused a lot of "spits."

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

It'd be interesting to see how that particular deck worked on your properties Mick (if they are even offered over there). I'd like to see a bunch of underside pics of that deck. I couldn't find any on BD's site, but that doesn't mean they aren't on there. I just suck at finding that type of stuff.

8. Mickhippy

If that baffle is the same as the one I tried, and Im pretty sure it is, then it didnt work! It lost the free flow thing!

9. Big Dog Diablo

Big Dog Diablo LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a Big Dog? Sorry I can't watch the videos because I'm at work.

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Yes, it is in one of the videos that was posted above in this thread by puppy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.