Does anyone run Quickbooks on their PDA?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by indy2tall, Feb 20, 2006.

1. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

Can it even be done? I love the program but would like to be able to print mowing invoices out in the field without having to carry a laptop. Do any of you do this?

2. MR HYDROSEED

MR HYDROSEED LawnSite Member

i've looked for quickbooks for my treo 650 but couldn't find it. I do have excel for it though and you could make your own template of an invoice on that and print it up... let me know if you find a pda quickbooks.

3. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

write up the invoices ahead of time, then save them as pdf and print in the field. Doesn't really solve your problem, but a way to do it.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

This topic was just discussed a couple of days ago. Do a search. I did research earlier this Winter and discovered QB has no Palm support. However, in a more recent thread (a couple of days ago), somebody pointed to a web site with software that syncs with QB. The software runs on a Pocket PC, not a Palm.

From what I can understand about the Pocket PC/QB combination, the data entries can be made in the field, then sync-ed with QB on an office PC.

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

6. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

You can try DwyerTech MobileBiz you can download a free trial at http://www.handango.com the program sync. with QuickBooks I don't know if you can print invoices.

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

8. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

OK, a product for a PocketPC, not a Palm PDA. Sorry, I only looked for products under Palm since the focus of the thread is PDA.

One more vote for a PocketPC over a Palm, if one is making an intial choice.

10. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried a lot of software and bmobiletech.com bmobile is the best.
    You can create invoices, estimates, sales orders, print them ir or bluetooth and they are nice full sheet well layed out invoices that are printed, easy setup $299. I have yet to find any others that did as well, they were all quirky.