1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Service Customers Mowers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ron greentree, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ron greentree

ron greentree LawnSite Member
    from IL

Just wondering if any of you guys service homeowner's mowers? I talked to A fert company that has 1000-1500 accounts said he sent ads to his customers and picked up around 60 service jobs sharpen blads, change spark plug, change oil clean filters,pick up and deliveryfor mowers at $100 a peice. Just wondering if anybody does this and how has it worked for you. I passed out 1000 ads today in hopes to pick some up thanks
  2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Obviously what wouldn't be a good idea for me being a lawn service but shoot, for a guy that has a shop and a fert and squirt company it makes great sense!

They probably already have a shop full of tools and a mechanic on staff, why not make use of that mechanic when the trucks are out on the road working with side work.

To me, that is brilliant!
  3. ron greentree

ron greentree LawnSite Member
    from IL

I know the guy he does have his own shop but min tools 2 employes and thats it we are just talking doing a quick service on peoples mowers sounds good to me proablly do 15 a day lol