Does Anyone Sub-out Work ???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Wright48, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

I was wondering since im just getting started when a coustomer asks me to do a job that is way to big for the man power and time i have should i sub it out and make 10% on it ???

2. DaveinSWFL

DaveinSWFL LawnSite Member

I sub out some of my work. I just had a call from a commercial property that I do. They have 45 Palms that needed trimming. This is beyond the scope of the contract therefore I subbed it out. I personally don't take 10% from the tree service that I use. I feel that it is more important to have a satisified customer which is of the utmost importance. I also use a fert guy who does fantastic work. When I bid on work I also sell his services. If he is fertilizing it makes my job that much easier. My lawns stand out which get me more houses on trhe street. He also sends me business. I feel networking and building relationships with folks that offer services that compliment my bussiness is worth more to me than the 10% I would receive.