Does anyone use a 10 cu.ft. wheelbarrow?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by G.M.Landscaping, Dec 3, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

never seen a 10 but we have 2 8 cu yd ones and they work fine

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

For me, it doesn't work out slower like you mentioned with our big wheelbarrow, as long as it's just barkdusk, which is light.

But you reminded me of when I lived with my mother around 1985 about the time I was going to college.

She had about 3/4 acre of lawn. It was all irregular shapes, and some on a slope.

When I used a 22 inch mower, it took about 2 hours to mow - recollecting from memory.

Then, we got a 21 inch with the smaller lighter 3.5 hp. engine. I thought it would take longer with the narrower deck, but it actually took 20 minutes less because it was so light, I could walk much faster.

I hadn't thought of that in years. What a great piece of property too. My mom cried when she sold it. One of Beaverton's last rural lot remnants - now with 11 houses on the 2 acres. It was a great place to sled down the hill in winter.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

For the way I am reading this. He is building powered wheelbarrow. I think I would go with the 10 cu/ft. The smaller size and weight *should not* slow down the setup. On hills and such a lower gear or smaller load.

When I was driving dumptrucks more the joke was you could climb a hill in 2nd gear, add another yard because you still have anther gear.

4. nc-native

nc-native LawnSite Member

You can't put two pounds of olives in a one pound bag. nc-native

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I use an 8 and it is easy to push around.