1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use a JRCO dethatcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outdoordynamics, Mar 15, 2008.

1. outdoordynamics

outdoordynamics LawnSite Member

Just wondering if someone has used the JRCO dethactcher that mounts on the front of a ztr? I'm thinking of getting one to try and cut down some time on all those fall cleanups I didn't get done that have turned into spring cleanups.
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I just ordered one today for my ztr, I paid $466 for it and that includes the universal mount bar. I used one on a demo mower last year for my spring clean-ups and loved it. It really makes things go a lot faster and was able to do more lawns a day.
  3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

What size did you get the 36,46 or 60?
  4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 46" on a 52" ZTR, and it is very good, worth every penny. I use it mostly in the spring as dethatching or as a spring lawn rake service. Excellent money maker. Two passes, then lift the tines and then a third pass running the mower vac to clean up.

Customers are very, very happy.
  5. outdoordynamics

outdoordynamics LawnSite Member

mowerbrad- where did you buy it. Weingartz gets 625.00 for a 60?
  6. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

I used to rake all my lawns by hand. Not really my hand but a rake in my hands. Got the tine dethatcher and wow what a difference. The only better piece of equipment is a leaf loader. The tines I think does a great job and you will be so happy after you use it. Spring will be such a breeze now. If you find that it is tearing up the lawn you can always adjust the front wheels with an allen wrench easily.
  7. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

I've been using the jrco rake for years and would never think of not having one. I even mounted a 36 incher to my walkbehinds for the gated yards. saves time energy and if you cross cut lawn will come out pristine!! Get one you will love it.