1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use Agri-Fab broadcast spreaders?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by matthew horner, Mar 21, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at a 125 lb capacity one today. It seemed sturdy, and the spreader part (wheel, thrower,?) turned very fast.
  2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

only downside to it is it throws the majority of the material to one side, instead of an even broadcast as some of the others such as Spyker, etc. However i do have an agri-fab 125# tow behind that works fine.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's not even close to a real spreader. It works great for speading seed, lime, or salt, but that is it. You DEFinitely don't want to use it for a calibrated spread of fert..
  4. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

I'm with runner on that one. I bought agri-fab 80# spreader on web for about $50. I only use it for spreading potash on walks for ice removal. [ works great for that ]
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use that spreader for lime and and garden ferlizer and it is ok. But it isnt made for a calibrated spread of ferlizer like runner stated
  6. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco spreaders are tough and work good.They are about the same price for a much better machine.
  7. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a agri-fab pull behind spreader I purchased way back before I started my biz. Be careful with it on hillsides and rougher areas. I hit a bump on a hillside in my backyard and almost turned the spreader over. What a mess that would have been. (A dark green circle with a burn spot in the middle) Since then I have purchased a Lesco push spreader (much more accurate) and plan to purchase a JRCO electric mounted spreader in the next year. All I use the agri-fab spreader for now is when someone comes by and wants to borrow one.;) BTW my agri-fab has cracks in the poly hopper radiating out from the mounting bolts and is only a matter of time before they get worse and cause problems. Marc
  8. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Where can you purchase lesco equipment?
  9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Everything that's been said about Agrifab is true. Use it for lime or salt.
  10. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned