Does anyone use dust masks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AAA Lawn Service, Jan 29, 2006.

1. AAA Lawn Service

AAA Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Since I have some allergies I use dust masks, does anyone else? I hardly see any other professionals use them....that is a lot of dust to breath in if you mow every day!:blob4:
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I do during leaf season but that is about the only time

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I know I should. It's hard to breathe through those things in the heat. I can only imagine the tan lines.:rolleyes:
  4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

During leave season and during pollination(sp) time...
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes, absolutly. and anyone working for me, during dusty seasons, or dusty jobs, MUST wear one
  6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i haven't worn one since installing insulation.
  7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

During leaves season, and also when dethatching
  8. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

I sure don't like to, but it is SO dusty here now that I have to. We've had less than 1/2" of rain since August. Of course, there isn't much grass to cut, but leaf cleanup was a real mess. My dealer recommended running the sprinklers before mowing.

I'm converting to the heavy duty air filter, but until I get all the parts, I'm blowing out the stock air filter after every two hours of use.
  9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a 3M respirator. It is more expensive, a little more bulky, and a lot more effective!
  10. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a mask during extremly dusty conditions during droughts and when it gets cooler out for the clean ups we wear em while using the leaf loader...
    Make sure to get a mask with an exhale valve makes it a bit cooler to wear...