1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use Golive to create a website?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Vikings, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

It's not as user friendly as they advertised.:confused:
  2. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

GoLive is all a part of the Macromedia (Deamwaever, Fireworks, Flash) "family" now as Adobe (GoLive, PhotoShp,Acrobat) and Macromedia merged.

NONE of these programs are for the "newbie" unless you have great computer skills and/or a LOT of time to spend learning. There is talk that in the next year or 2 they will all merge into a single "mega" product with the best features of both company's products.

These are products for people who do it for a living even though they come packaged like "you can build your own great web site easy" and technically you can...if you have the skills or time to learn them.

Both products have 30 day free trials that quit working after 30 days. I always suggest downloading those to "try before you buy" (these aren't cheap only to not be able to use one)
  3. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

"time to learn"

That's what I'm going for I guess. I have the Total Training for CS2 video tutorials but... gives me head aches.
  4. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I started on Dreamweaver years back... building extremely basic sites. Self taught basically. Recently upgraded to a new computer, and acquired all the products of CS2 as well as the latest Dreamweaver. Unfortunately, I lost the dreamweaver Cd's. So this past weekend I started building my site with GoLive and screamed GotoHell many times, but managed to upload a few pages. IMO, it's very similiar to dreamweaver... basics. Style sheets, cascading, image maps and linking... When I got 'stuck', I found the information on the net with a simple search. Beats buying a CS2 Bible for $80~.

A friend has my dreamweaver, so when I get it, most likely, I switch over.