Does anyone use Honda weedeaters??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DENNIS MOW, Mar 2, 2008.

1. DENNIS MOW

DENNIS MOW LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Honda weedeaters in their business? I have used them in mine for the past 5 years. I have switched over to from Sthil. I have found out they are cheaper to run because, they are pure 4 stroke and safer to run. You dont have to run them at a full throttle when your around rocks and cars. The ports dont clog up like a 2 cycle. They are alot quiter. Let me know some input from other bussiness. What kind of weedeaters you use and what you think. Thank You

2. FIREPOWER

FIREPOWER LawnSite Member
    from SW Ont

You probably cant go wrong with a Honda motor..lol. I just picked up a CubCadet 4 Stroker and am curious to see how it does.

3. DENNIS MOW

DENNIS MOW LawnSite Member

you will like not mixing the gas with oil i have found out the $$$$$ you save the price of gas you have to look at ways to save money...

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

2 things to a weedwhacker, iz it light and does it run,the honda was heavy to us........

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i haven't seen them down here?

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I am not in the business but I bought the HHT31S and absolutely love it. I have the bike handle, using the harness, I don't feel the weight even for an hour of non stop trimming.

If you worry about the weight. Just remember the most popular Shindaiwa T272 weight 14.7lb also, just as heavy as Honda HHT35S and is not as powerful. Honda is a lot cheaper, I saw deal selling HHT35S for $359 where Shindaiwa T272 for $439. Honda HHT25S is 13lb, $329.

Honda GX25 and GX35 are used on other construction equipment and are popular in RC model society and so far no negative comments on either one of them. Their trimmers have life time warrentee on the internal drive cable.

I really think people have pre-concieved idea of Honda that it is too heavy to do the job. Honda do not push their products at all, not like Tanaka and Stihl.

I personally would stay away from hybrid 4 cycles, search past threads here and read them.

Guys, if you keep complaining about the weight of Honda, do weight and quit smoking!!!:weightlifter::weightlifter:

7. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I have used the new 4 stroke at a show and they kick ass but are kind of pricey but get used to it soon or later gov will get rid of the 2 stroke. The cub is OK does have the power but don't know if it will hold up to commercial use and its heavy

8. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

The 31 was a nice unit, the 35 is just as reliable but it's heavier than the 31 it replaced.

9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

They are same 14.7lb. The old 31cc is a OHV where the new GX35 is OHC. I bought the HHT31S just because I am old fashion, I buy the one that has long history. I was lucky I found a brand new HHT31S so I bought it right a way. It is so quiet, the wind noise of the head is as loud as the engine. Changing oil is very easy, a lot easier than lawn mower. Just remove the drain plug and drain into the bottle. It's a 2 minute job.

Also it is a lot healthier for the operator to run this because it is a 4 cycle, a lot cleaner and no oil burning.

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Iv'e never seen one of these either... How do they work in different positions? I run my 2 strokes upside-down often, you can't do that with a true 4 stroke with an oil resivour can you? Of course I wouldn't be a fan of the weight either, my Husqvarna 323L trimmers are about 9.6 lbs.