does anyone use honda weedeaters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nathan D., Mar 15, 2008.

1. nathan D.

nathan D. LawnSite Member

does anyone use honda weedeateaters? Mine works ok but wanted to know how other peoples honda weedeaters works.

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have the HHT31SUNBA bike handle. It work very nice for a while until yesterday. Yesterday the string hit something and one side of the string slip out of the hole and came out between the spool and the casing. It labor the engine a little because of the friction. I correct the problem but since then, I heard noise from the tube as if the cable drive was rubbing along the inside of the tube. I have to check it out.

I don't want to make any conclusion because it just happened and I have not done anything. I hope everything is ok and the cable drive supposed to be lifetime warrantee.

Other than that, I love it. Very comfortable to use. Always one pull start. The engine is very quiet and should be very reliable. I think it is going to be more forgiving even compare to 2 cycles because of separate oil. As long as you change oil, it should be more forgiving to mis-adjustment of air fuel mixture and oil brand.

It is heavier than other 2 cycles except Shindaiwa. If you compare to T261 and T272 with HHT25 and HHT35, Honda is actually lighter or the same for more power.

3. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

4. nathan D.

ya my weedeater broke some how it fell off my hook in my trailer and shattered the gas contaner. I gusses ill buy onother one. Do you guys have any suggestions before i do?

5. yungman

from Calif.

Consider Redmax BCZ3001S if you need a powerful one. 29.5cc 1.7hp, 11.3lb. Stay with 2 cycles or Honda type with 4 cycle with separate oil.

want smaller lighter ones, Redmax 2401 or Echo SRM260 ( Not SRM265) with 2 rings Tornado engine. Get solid shaft type.

If you don't mind the weight of Honda, I think they are good. I am going to look into the noise in the drive shaft before I give full recommendation on it.

6. nathan D.

i dont realy need a powerful one. But i just might stick with a honda cause i do like them too.

7. yungman

from Calif.

THey do save gas, gas is getting expensive. Honda is not that expensive. I assume you are getting the HHT25 since you don't care about the power. Also you'll be having a lot of spare parts if you buy the same one.

How long have you been using your old Honda. Is it a HHt25 with 25cc engine? Do you ever have to decarbon the engine.

BTW someone here said you can change to Husqvarna trim head and they are better.

Keep us inform what you end up getting.

8. R.L. Hale Landscaping LLC

R.L. Hale Landscaping LLC LawnSite Member

i had a 25 cc honda trimmer and it broke after 3 months of using it. they are nice when they work but they in my opinion are not as good as a 2 stroke. i use the shindaiwa t231's now and love them. they heads are really easy to re load and they dont weigh that much

9. nathan D.

:laugh:yes sir i will keep you guys informed

10. yungman

from Calif.

I use my HHT31S today for over an hour, I don't hear anything strange, I wonder what did I hear the other day, I didn't have a beer!!!! So I guess it's all good.
    :waving: