1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone Use Jungle Jack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLH, Apr 12, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Jungle Jack to Lift Mowers for blade change or cleaning under deck?

If so what are your opinions of product?

Pros and Cons?
  2. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Love it, works like a charm, even on the ZTR. And I only weigh 145
  3. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

Can you elaborate?
  4. KCLandscape

My encore weighs ALOT, and if I can get my small light body to lift it, it has to be a miracle. Well, it works great in that situation. Of course you could always use a floor jack, but the jungle jack is more stable in my opinion. You dont want to even think about that thing falling on you unless you want to be on disability...
  5. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

It seems as if a floor jack would only lift the mower the height of the jack arm. Where as the Jungle jack would lift the mower almost straight up or until he rear of mower touched the ground.

How much did you pay for yours? The list price at Jungle Jim's website is $152.
  6. KCLandscape

Try one out, go to a shop or a local dealer, they all use them if they dont have a lift. It works better and is safer than a floor jack IMO
  7. KCLandscape

That is a fair price for a new one. I paid 130 2 yrs ago.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Jungle Jack. I had one I used with my Exmark Z. It was awesome! 2 seconds to lift to full height. Not like a floor jack that takes pumping and pumping to get it up. Once you have it lifted with the jungle jack it'sreally not likely to fall, plus there's a safety on it if you choose to use it. I let mine go when I sold my Exmark because my dixons are light enough to pick up by hand and I use either a jack stand or a 4x4 to hold it up. If you have room in your shop for another gadget get a jungle jack! My floor space is really tight so that's another reason I let it go.
  9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

A $50 floor jack works just fine, and lifts the mower plenty high enough.....been using one 20 years on mowers with never a problem.
  10. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know what I'd do without mine (Jungle Jack)...