1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Use Lucas Oil Stabilizers

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Grass Man, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... Does anyone use LUCAS OIL STABILIZERS out there for mowers, trailer, truck or car or any other vehicle? Just as a refresher, this is the oil stabilizer display, that is, and use to be, in most auto parts stores. There were 2 sets of “GEARS” about 6 or 7 stacked vertically inside two see through containers with a small crank at the bottom gear of each on the counter. When you turned the gear that had just oil in it, the oil only went up one or two or maybe three gears. When you turned the crank of the one that had the LUCAS OIL STABILIZERS in it you could see the lubrication go up to the top gear without any difficulty. There claim is, it keeps your engine well lubricated even when it sits for long periods of time (no dry non lubricated starts). It is also supposed to prevent or greatly reduce oil leaking past the rings being burned in the combustion chamber and vice versa from contaminating the oil in the crankcase, hence: more power and longer periods of time between oil changes and makes the engine run better too. Also, because of these factors it is suppose to extend the life of the engine considerably and be used in racing and gas and diesel engines. Does anyone have any experience or know of those who do use this product? It's been around for years. http://www.lucasoil.com/index.sd

2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the LUcas fuel addtive and have used the hub oil and they are both good products do not know about the oil addtive but the fuel addtive I use it in our 2004 F250 6.0 and It seems to get a little bit more MPG when Iuse it than when we donot add it in
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have run the oil stabilizer in my trucks. Gotta beleive it helps prevent dry starts. Also, the oil pressure gauge is reading a bit higher pressure.
  4. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

5. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I put the Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer in my Yanmar diesel mower engine last year. It had started to leak oil from the rear main seal. The leak stopped and there have been no problems in the 350 hours since the Stabilizer was added.
  6. hwew

hwew LawnSite Member

I remember reading that from www.bobistheoilguy.com over a year ago.
    If that does not scare you from running additives in oil I don't know what will.

What I run in all my air cooled engines is AMSOIL Synthetic 4 Stroke Small Engine Oil. (10w-30/SAE30 Commercial Grade)

It is great stuff. It is designed for air cooled gas engines that run at very high temperatures.

A good oil does not need additives added to it. All good high quality oils have the additives blended in the product to protect your equipment and adding other additives can cause more harm than good.

On transmissions run the recommended gear oil or engine oil. They have antifoaming additives in the products and adding any other additives could dissrupt the chemical ballance of the product.
    I seen it happen with another very popular additive.
  7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

run oil stabilizer in the trucks and sometimes i get the fuel additive too and the trucks run great
  8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I run Lucas oil in ALL of my old chevys (4), one of them used to smoke real bad, after putting Lucas oil in it only smokes when you crank it up. It also stops them from burning oil.

I looked at the "oil guy thing", and it may be true. However Lucas oil works for me so I will continue to use it. When I use straight oil the old motors burn alot of oil.