does anyone use meg-mo's on a walker in colorado?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eclipselawn, Apr 29, 2004.

1. eclipselawn

eclipselawn LawnSite Member

i was wanting to try the meg-mo's on my walker but i am still undecided. kentucky bluegrass sucks for colorado, the blades of grass get very thin and just lay over. do the meg-mo's do the trick or is there something else out there?
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Hi Eclipselawn , welcome to Lawnsite.
    I deal with KY blue/fescue/rye mix here in Wisconsin and am curious to see the answer to your question also. Sorry I can't help. I have a 52SD that has doubles but wonder how the meg-mow works on the Walker.

BTW before changing over you better drive up to the Walker plant and ask permission. Man you can't get much closer to the factory than Ft. Collins. Now pass me a Bud! Take care.
  3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Welcome to the site!!
  4. eclipselawn

Thank you for the welcome. That is a good idea abouyt talking to walker. They are about 15 min. from my house. Even as close as they are they dont sell the machines themselves. We have to go to a local retailer too. Does the bluegrass in your area do the same thing? We also have the fescue and very little rye. I like the fescue much better.
  5. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to LawnSite.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The bluegrass here does the same thing at higher cuts. I know that you are supposed to let it grow 3+ inches but that is only good at certain times of the year and only in certain circumstances.
    I have seen thick stands of bluegrass that looks great at 3+inches. It is usually in the spring when there is ample moisture and in a slightly shaded area. It does look real good cut at 2" in the spring. I'm thinking that if yours is laying over that it is being cut too high and mayby a little too fast. Just my thoughts. Of course there is the sharp blade thing too but you probably already thought of that.
    Does your dealer have better pricing. I paid around 10K for my 2000 26EFI w/42"GHS 9.5 bagger, comfort seat. I also had to pay a 200.00 destination charge to the dealer for shipping. I know you don't have to pay that one;)
    Good Luck.
  7. eclipselawn

hey Mow ED,
    I am cutting at 3". With how dry it is around here nobody cuts anylower usually. The cut on my mower does improve the shorter i go. as far as the speed thing, it still happens to a certain degree even if i go slow. I may try and convince one of my clients to let me mow shorter for a trial period. If that works, try and switch the rest of the clients. not likly though. oh well.

Your prices on your mower do sound a little high for around here. not by much though. couldnt quote you anything though. i havent looked in a little while. and yes there was no destination fee. Sorry.