Does anyone use the Swaploader body for their trucks??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KenH, Jan 8, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

www.Swaploader.com. I am looking into a new vehicle and just trying to explore all my options.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Myself I don't like these systems there is alot of extra parts and extra weight I'am building my own rolloff system for my F-Superduty its going to have true roll of rails and a reeving winch.

This system is lighter and you can pull almost anything onto the rails and chain it down where the hooklift system you need special built boxes. I have worked with fullsized rolloff tandem axle trucks so I want to make a smaller scale version to fit a 1.5 ton truck.

I would search the web for Mini rolloff trucks there are a few companies in the states that build rolloff systems for 1 to 5 tons and tandem axle trucks.

Are you in the garbage business or are you looking for a multipurpose truck you have to remember a hooklift system is going to set you back quite a bit of money.

3. KenH

from CT

I do alot of installs and thought it might be a good idea to leave the container of plant material at the site. Same goes for mulch, leave for filling brush, etc.

Price for hook lift alone, no body, $15,000.00.:mad:

4. Gravel Rat

Ya hooklifts aren't cheap so you will have to have alot of work to make it profitable you may beable to find a used one or findout a price for a rolloff system that uses rails.

Good Luck

5. KenH

from CT

How can they justify the cost for just the lift system with no bed?? Are you paying for the idea??

6. Gravel Rat

If that price includes all the hydraulic pump and pto and mounting it on your truck it sounds about right and there are a few companies that make that design rolloff system. Hooklift is one of them I thing Galbraith makes them like I said I wouldn't buy one I know one of the disposal companies here bought a hooklift on a 91 F-Superduty when it was brandnew and I think it cost him 40,000 dollars CND.