1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use this company ClaroLux?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by perfectlawncare, Feb 10, 2007.

1. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

I am kinda new to the business and was wondering if anyone has tried this company?

Thanks for your help,

2. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

I use them all the time and they are great. They are based out of North Carolina.

The fixtures are very good quality and the service is great.Call or email and give them your info and they will give you a password and log-in.You must be a contractor though which obviously you are!

3. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

After you suggested them in another thread I checked them out, got my log-in, and also requested a brochure and price sheet from them. Got it pretty quick in the mail. Very nice brochure! Thinking about ordering a fixture from them to look it over. I did notice that free shipping doesn't kick in until after $1500 and does not include wire or transformers. Maybe not a big deal. Whats your experiences been with that? Thanks for the tip Dave!
  4. seolatlanta

I thought it does include transformers , but maybe not.

I order a lot of stuff from them. The transformers are really good , they come with a 25 foot lead and bulb and stake and you can choose the bulb that you want to come with it. They also have these really good digital timers that I have been using that are a good deal. Also that powder-coated wall washer fixture is great for that price.

I am in Atlanta so I save on sales tax and with the same - day shipping I can get stuff in 2 days.

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Thoes transformers look like the MDL units. Just like a cast trans it looks like.

Im happy with what im using. I did send for a user name and password and will check them over but I got Cast and Kichler and about 6 other brands including vista and now unique and hadco stocked 20 min from home.
  6. seolatlanta

they are MDL style transformers , a lot like the Cast and the Hadco.

I just use them for certain things-I order a lot of stuff from chuck as well.

7. Pro-Scapes

I just met AJ the new owner last week and then had lunch with Chuck and also Oscar Welch joined us.

That was my first visit to the florida location as we use the Mississippi location They got alot of stuff packed into that place! Its not huge but they got a Semi sized storage box outside that was packed to the gills as well as the inside warehouse and the storage lockers outside too. They sure do alot of business there!
  8. Landscape Illuminating

Landscape Illuminating LawnSite Member
    from Maine

What exactly is Chuck up to these days? I thought he sold out? Was it just one location? Is he selling at a different location?

9. Pro-Scapes

as far as I can tell he has stayed on for an undetermined amount of time to help out AJ and get the business transfer done smoothly. Not sure on his long term plans you would have to ask him. He is still working with AJ tho showing him the ropes so they dont disrupt the flow. AJ is super nice as is his wife Judy

Dennis and the rest of the crew is still there and not going anywhere as far as I know.

He sold both locations in Windemere fl and hattiesburg MS Florida outdoor lighting and southern outdoor lighting.
  10. Luna Lite

Luna Lite LawnSite Member

although I am relatively new to the business, I have used Clarolux from time to time and have had great results and super service. I have been buying locally to avoid shipping costs, but Clarolux stands behind their product with me and have take great care of me and my customers