1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use this sulky?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joel B., Nov 27, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What are your opinions? Anyone have the seat option? Can't remember the brand name of it either!

Thanks for any thoughts,

Joel B.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Cool design, the only other sit down sulkies I have seen are the trailering type. This one looks pretty good although maybe alittle light duty? Funny they didn't list their brand name anywhere on there just a phone number. Do they have a website or company name even?
  3. Joel B.

from MN

I got the literature from a local Snapper dealer, I suppose I could just call the number and ask what the company name/website is but I thought someone must be using it somewhere out there.

I know a local LCO using one on a 48" Snapper WB and he likes it. It doesn't look light duty in person.

Joel B.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It's a Protero PS 200.
    Happy thanksgiving joel & Eric
    Johnny G.
  5. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

If i'm not mistaken, that's the sulky 65Hoss has minus the seat. It's a good one but i'm not to keen on the casters. To me they have too much of a gap showing the ball bearings allowing dirt to get in and cause alot of wear. Hoss loves his when he uses it.

6. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

This sulky looks like the one I use. Mine is a Turfrunner.It's attached to a Exmark 48" Hydro.
  7. Joel B.

from MN

Thanks for all the replies guys.

You might be right. Funny thing, I looked up their website and the company is about 5 miles from my house! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

The name Turfrunner sounds familiar. I think that's the name I've seen on my friend's sulky.

Are Turfrunner and Protero related some how, they look like the same design.

Thanks again,

Joel B.
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

joel b.--why didn't you just call toll free number for the answer to your question instead of posting here?

9. Joel B.

from MN

I wanted to get some opinions of the product as well.

Joel B.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I tried to find Turfrunner's site. No luck with a web search. Anybody have the address or a pic?