Does anyone work in the dark??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLugNutZ, Nov 19, 2013.

1. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I usual don't work past 4pm. Most days I'm off at 3.

2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Well I hate to brag, but I've done some of my finest work in the dark....or at most the light from a candle or two. :rolleyes: :laugh:

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I have sucked things up with loader at night with the help of the box mounted light I fabbed up but I wouldn't start a property in the dark, to finish yes, but I just hate the idea of not being able to see everything. Maybe im just scared of the dark :D

4. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd love to , but can't most of the time due to people being pissed about the noise!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

There is a guy who just showed up and is running a trencher for the plumbing for the new house about to be built on the lot next to my house. It's 6:30pm and dark out and he is running it without any lights at all! I suppose it's whatever you think you can do in the dark!

6. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a rechargeable headlight from coast to get an early start on commercials and have lights on my ztrs if I need them.

7. DLS1021

DLS1021 LawnSite Member
    from alabama

2 - 27w 4" LED lights on the mowers. I run them as needed. Cannot express how handy they are when needed. LED the way to go on mowers bc of the low wattage requirements.