does anyone...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Krehling's Prop. Maint., Jan 17, 2007.

1. Krehling's Prop. Maint.

Krehling's Prop. Maint. LawnSite Member

have a dump kit that makes their existing bed dump? how much weight can it handle? and does it come with any extra bracing to keep the bed from tweaking? thanks,
    Derek

o yea and i almost forgot how much did it cost you? (keep in mind im on a 16 year olds budget)

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I am really thinking about getting one for my Chevy this next season. This one will do 2 ton, and sells for $849.

http://www.heftyproducts.com/dumpkits.html

3. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

yea i bought one them. worst purchase i made, i got the bed off with a forklift and nothing fit yes it was the correct model because i called the guy who sold it to me even the guy that was helping me do it ( he does truck bodys for a living) said it was shlt. i would suggest buying a dump truck

4. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

arent the good ones 4-5 thousand i see? i could be wrong but that would explain why the cheap one was garbage...

How often you actually going to be dumping weekly or the occasional side job of mulch or top soil?

if u are 16 and on a tite budget it might be good for you

5. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

it might be good for you..but keep in mind...u get what you pay for

6. Krehling's Prop. Maint.

well i was looking at it and if it doesnt completely line up i can fab up aomething to make it work...and its a lot cheaper than the ez dumper inserts which was my other option

7. bbpropmaint

bbpropmaint LawnSite Member

bought one when we first started..the cheap one..junk!!!! maybe if braced really well....it will do mulch..but thats it...not easy to install...requires cutting welding ect....get a dump trailer one of the best investment thus far....

8. Krehling's Prop. Maint.

i want to get an enclosed trailer for my equipment and all and i want a dump for my truck for grass clippings, firewood, and mulch thats about all im going to be using the dump for