does banning really work?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by TClawn, Jul 12, 2004.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

say you banned someone for an infraction of the rules. now this person used there home email address to register on lawn site.
    couldn't they just register again from either a public library computer or some other email address?

if they can whats the point of banning someone at all?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes banning works to a certain degree. Banning will make it more difficult for the person to come back, but does not make it impossible. However, if they come back as someone else, more often than not, they will have learned their lesson, and they will behave. If they don't, then they will be banned again. Fortunately for us, we don't have many troublemakers.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

:D :D :D :D :D that's funny Jodi. I would like to ban the state of Florida, is that possible?

4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

There is a behavior pattern....someone who gets banned usually has an attitude problem...and if they reappear under a new name, they want people to know it's them....an ego thing.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

So then, who is "leonardlawncare"?
    Banned after 5 posts.

6. Sean Adams

crawdad....I thought it was you......actually, appears to be a younger gentleman just looking to start a few problems.

7. crawdad

Haw, haw, yer funny. Have you figured out my other name yet?
    Crawdad ;)

8. Sean Adams

ummmm.....Sean Adams?

9. crawdad

shhhhhh, most people haven't realized "crawdad" is Sean Adam's screen name for wise guy posts and smart alec replies.

"Crawdad" :waving:

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yo fga that's funny. yea, can you ban florida? if you ban ric, will he return as his blowup doll?