Does cheap mexican labor help or hurt an economy?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by RECESSION PROOF MOWING, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

There has always been many more parties. They have always been overshadowed by the two most well funded. I propose a dissolution of any party affiliation. Lobbying would be disallowed as well. In other words independent candidates. Congressional term limits as well. The founding fathers would vomit at what the government they created has become.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Patriot Services

Not all illegals carry around or use false SS#. Some employers simply pay cash. As for the few that do, they are merely paying an entrance fee to gain a paycheck they could only dream about back home. This is where the employers that allow this become criminals.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

For every 50 year old gringo willing to work hard there are another 10,000 that would rather stand at an intersection holding a sign claiming they need work when all they want is easy money.

I don't think anyone would claim there are no hard working Americans for hard labor jobs but there are 1000 jobs out there to fill for every hard working American. The other 999 Americans who could use that job don't want it.

4. Patriot Services

This I will agree on. I frequenly use a local branch of Labor Ready for sod installs or large clean ups. Talking with the manager, there is a huge shortage of general laborers. 15 an hour for unskilled and few takers. The attitude is they want me there early ,sober and then work all day? Forget it! An honest days labor seems above many.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. PremierT&L

PremierT&L LawnSite Member

Sure some pay cash, but most legit businesses of any size pay by check and take out taxes for obvious reasons.

6. PremierT&L

PremierT&L LawnSite Member

That doesn't sound realistic to me, but I admit I don't know enough about politics to really make an informed comment. I do agree that lobbyist have caused us a lot of problems in this country.

7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok, time to put this one to rest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.