does every customer need a service agreement?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pimowtime, Apr 23, 2004.

1. pimowtime

pimowtime LawnSite Member

hello! I'm getting ready to launch my new company "Pine Island mow time" and I'm confused as to why have a service agreement? (I'm sorry if this sounds silly and naive) what I'm getting at is does the potential customer have to sign and agree to a certain plan that I set up?? how does this part of the business work?? please help!! :confused:

2. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

I just started using service agreements this year. They are pretty basic. The first page outlines the services I offer with a place to put in a price for each one the customer wants. at the bottom of that is the payemnt options and a place for the customer to sign. Page two outlines some basic terms and conditions such as when invoices will be sent and when payment will be due, what I will do when I am there (mowing, trimming, edging, blowing), when service times are (April through November for me), late fees, and this line that protects me from customer negligence...

"The understanding exists that the ultimate responsibility for the health of a customer's lawn and landscape lies with the customer. Project Green Lawn and Landscape will not be held liable for damaged turf or plant material resulting from improper watering, adverse weather conditions, or other circumstances outside of the control of Project Green Lawn and Landscape."

Hope this helps.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Pimowtime,

Here is a sample contract if you need one.

4. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I'm starting to think so. I am really getting tired of the one week on, one week off cutting scheduales some people want to do. I am putting everybody on paper for the rest of the season. No sign, no mow.