1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does Everyone Here Mow Per Cut$ Or Contracts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gibs, May 27, 2005.

1. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

like do you guys get paid weekly or do ya just get like 2-4 installments when in a contract? i only do contracts.. what do you guys do?
  2. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Monthly payment, no contracts. next season am starting contracts.
  3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I did mow 2 yards today for cash, people just did not have time to get to their own yards before the holiday weekend. As I pulled up to my regular contract customers home the neighbors walked out and asked "how much?"...... I ended up making twice what I asked to do each yard!

Tips are nice.
  4. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

I also bill monthly with NO contracts but am thinking that I really should do the contracts for next year. There's always somebody trying to take advantage of us where the contract will spell out the deal that was agreed to and any extras will also be charged extra.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

No contracts here.
  6. Texas Mowem

Texas Mowem LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Like whats a contract dude?
  7. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I do weekly, monthly, depends on the customer. I find I like having the diversity of payment options for the customer, and I always have money coming in daily.
  8. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

same here.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

By the job/per job.

I only did a contract one time and I told the customer I didn't like it (mainly because I was scared of being taken advantage of, but also because it's hard to estimate a flat monthly fee for all the various aspects throughout the year). Made out like a bandit in the end because I was so scared that I went way high on the price (I was hoping they'd say no) but that didn't make me feel any better, either.