does exmark make 2 wheel velke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Mar 1, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

the dealer is going to give me a deal on a cart and i was wondering if exmak makes a 2 wheel velke?

if they do is it any good

for a tthp 48"

2. grass disaster

someone has to know something about these.

3. AMAC

AMAC LawnSite Member
    from MO

I would suggest trying out some jungle wheels. They are the best IMOP.

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i heard they were suppose to come out with one. if you want a good quality one get a wright 2 wheel velky.

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I dont think they do. I've only seen the sit down sulky by exmark. Havent tried the 2 wheeled velke, I have single wheeled velke on my 48", and looking into Pro Slide for my new 52" TTHP

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ex Mark had there own brand of velke at the GIE in Nov. I didnt pay alot of attention to it, but it is out there

7. grass disaster

does anyone have more info on this??

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

At a Turf show today, I saw an Toro, fixed deck, 36" w/b. After staring at awhile, the only difference I saw was the size of the gas cap, and a wheel brake (and the label) against my Exmark 36" w/b Viking. The Toro had a two wheeled sulky that Toro sells.

The sulky is the one with two platforms, each with a wheel in the rear working as a caster. The sulky was attached to the frame that looked identical to my Exmark.

My point is that if this two-wheeled sulky was fitted to a Toro, that is identical to my Exmark Viking, then the same Toro sulky should fit on my Exmark Viking.

Two years ago at the same show, I saw this two-wheeled sulky attached to a Toro. I asked about attaching to Exmark -- "no, it is designed only to fit on Toro." Since some Toro and Exmark designs are now identical, then it should fit some Exmark models. It may not work on your tthp.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I will clear this up for people again. A Velke is a manufactor of sulkies. His name is Jim Velke and has been known to show up here now and then. A sulky is the actual product that people ride on.

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen some 2 wheel sulkies on ebay that a guy makes himself and sells them in the $150 range. Has anyone purchased one of these, or know anything about them?