Does Exmark make a sparcific mulch blade?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Tonyr, May 31, 2004.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,

Does Exmark make a sparcific mulch blade?

I'm interested in one that has bi level cutting edges like a Stens Raptor.

If so, I'll try them on my '04 Toro, need blades 21.5'' tip to tip long, .250 thick, 2.5'' wide, And 5/8 centre hole, if I'm in luck, can you give me the part number please?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Tony,

The closes thing we will have is our 20.5" blade. The is measured from cutting tip to cutting tip.

Mulching blades chop the clippings to a fine consistency and that is the only function they serve beyond cutting the blade of grass off.

Our mulching blade however not only cuts the grass and recirculates in the deck to be recut it also drives the clippings down into the turf where the customer can not see them and they can decompose.

The part number for our 20.5" mulching blade is 103-0301.

Thanks,

Terry

3. Tonyr

Thanks Terry,

My mistake, 20.5 is the correct tip to tip measurement, oops :)

I'll see if my dealer can import these, is Exmark sold in Australia?

I know the XP is under a Toro badge...

I'll check around, thanks again mate!

4. eXmark

Tony,

I would be suprised if you could not get these blades under the p/n I gave you.............if they don't have them in stock however it could take a while to get them. Afterall it is a long boat ride over there.

PS: I went to college with a guy that played basketball for a team in Queensland.............What a nut. He knew how to have fun that's for sure.

Thanks,

Terry

5. Tonyr

Thanks Terry!

My Toro dealer gave me the heads up today...

"Exmark 103-0301 blades are available ex Toro Melbourne .."

I'm surprised Exmark blades are here, I'm not sure Exmark mowers are here....not to worry, I ordered a set to try, I'll let you know what I do and the results when run on a turbo force deck.

Thanks for your help mate!

6. Tonyr

Hi again Terry,

Ordered and today received the 103-0301 blades...

They are 3'' wide, I need the part number for 2.5 wide, 20.5'' tip to cut tip length, 5/8 centre hole please...

I hope I can return these, 100 bucks a set...

7. eXmark

Tonyr,

$100 a set! Yikes!

Run the 3" wide blade. If the Toro deck works as well with them as our deck you won't be sorry.

Thanks,

Terry

8. Tonyr

Thanks Terry, yeah problem is the Toro blade saddles are only 2.5''.....

The blades look great nice design, but can't be run on these blade saddles which aren't removable, as far as I know.

Your blades would work I know that, I did get a set of Raptors to compare to yours and they are amazing, so the exmark ones would be as good or better.

Thanks Terry.