1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Does Exmark still exist in Canada?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by martyman, Aug 20, 2001.

1. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

I know that Exmark is owned by Toro now and was wondering if the name will be sold here in Canada. I priced the Toro's with pistol grip with the Toro name and they wanted more money than the T-bar. Is the price increase because the quality is Exmark and is different?

just wondering?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dear martyman:

Thanks for contacting Exmark Manufacturing with your question. You are correct in saying that Exmark is owned by Toro. In 1997, Toro purchased Exmark; however, Exmark and Toro function as two separate companies with separate product lines. All-in-all, I believe the relationship has worked out well for both parties.

Exmark has been and will continue to be sold in Canada. In fact, over the past year Exmark has made a stronger commitment to the Canadian market.

I'm not sure why the Toro pistol grip unit is more than the Toro T-bar. Maybe it is because the pistol grips are "new" for Toro. The price increase is not "because the quality is Exmark." Exmark does not build the Toro walk-behinds.

If you want to see what Exmark quality looks like, check out an Exmark pistol-grip Metro, Metro HP, Viking Hydro, Turf Tracer HP, or Turf Tracer. You can also try out the Turf Tracer HP with our revolutionary upper handle design, the Enhanced Control System (ECS). Many landscapers are finding that the ECS units are a refreshing change to the other types of controls on the market.

Please look closely and if possible, demo an Exmark walk-behind mower. I'm sure you will see the differences between the two brands. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com.

Exmark Customer Care