1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

does ferris make a good mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Property Pro, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Property Pro

Property Pro LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying a 32 or 36 inch ferris hydro walk behind. I have a 48 inch exmark ztr and couldn't be happier but I could use a trim mower. Exmark's hydro walk behind is about 1000 dollars more than a ferris. I don't want to be cheap know and end up with a mower that doesn't work or needs a lot of repairs. I was wondering if anybody knows how well ferris's hold up and if I can expect a quality cut. Thanks for your time.
  2. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

I know Ferris ztr's are very good mowers. Not sure about the walk behind but Ferris has a good name in the mower business.
  3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes Ferris makes an outstanding mower.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We've had close to 20 of them in the past 11 years. They are very reliable machines IMO...no complaints at all.
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I had a hydro walk SD. It was built as a tank. A heavy machine, but would take an unbeliveable amount of punishment. I feel they are built better than the exmark (I can say this since I have owned both), but not as user friendly. So they are an even tie.
  6. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

I have to agree with everybody else, they are great machines. I have 2 SD 36 and 48 along with a 48DD. Nothing major has yet to break on mine. Just usual wear and tear.