Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, May 29, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Those of you with multiple-spot trimmer racks- would you go off on a guy for putting a trimmer in the wrong spot on a rack (top instead of middle, both are identical Husq. 323Ls)? I mean, yea, I deserved getting yelled at pretty good for scalping a couple ditches because that was a careless mistake on my part, but is it really worth it to b**** at a guy for getting two IDENTICAL trimmers mixed up on a rack?

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Nope.....................

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

When did he go off on you? Early this morning, maybe he was hung over from the weekend and having a bad day. But if not this guy must be real anal for going off on something like that.

JP

4. KS_Grasscutter

:laugh: :laugh:
    First time was a couple days ago, and brought it up again today.

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I would ask him what the big deal is. They might have some reason in their head for doing it this way but it doesn't make any sense. Unless one runs better than the other for some reason.

JP

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

That sounds like an extremely trivial thing to yell at someone for.

But if you scalped some stuff, then him yelling at you for placing the trimmers in the wrong order was probably just an "extension" of the rant because he was mad.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Does it matter? To the person that owns the equipment, yes trivial things may matter for whatever reason. To an employee, heck no.
    If he is so hell bent on keeping those trimmers straight, then he needs to set it up so it is EASY to differentiate between the two trimmers. Maybe wrap orange tape around one of the trimmer shafts, so it's easy for anyone to know which trimmer he wants on the top, which one he wants in the middle.
    It's up to him to do this though, otherwise he shouldn't nit pick.

8. KS_Grasscutter

Well, a little update...think he is real mad still, I called like 3 times in the last couple days, only to get his voicemail, no calls returned. Obviously I did NOT work today for him. This is not a good sign... Guess the ONE good thing about living in a town with lots of full time LCOs is it shouldn't be hard to find another job if it gets to that point.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

maybe saw you posted about him on lawnsite and he didn't like it. ;)

10. KS_Grasscutter

I actually thought of that a while ago. But I didn't post any names at all, nor did I indicate whether or not he is an active member here, so its all good.